help with making a FC2 CD bootable

Steven C. Liu sliu at steven-c-liu.com
Wed Sep 29 03:49:25 UTC 2004

Folks,

I've come to the conclusion that I've burned my CD's correctly.  I used
Nero, Sonic and various XP "wizards" and stuff to burn the FC2 discs onto
CD.  Everyone burns fine, except that I can't make disc1 properly bootable.

Can someone please -- PUHLEEZE -- help me out here?  This shouldn't be so
hard.  My CD-RW drive is on my PC running XP Pro SP2.

What I think I need is a way to burn a small bootstrapping code as the first
record of the CD.  That small bootstrapping code will point BIOS to the real
boot program and to teh rest of the boot up sequence.  Can someone supply me
with the bootstrapping code?

TIA,

Steve