SCSI installations

Lin Tse Hsu evfreek at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 06:26:40 UTC 2004

--- stu <stu at gateway10.homeip.net> wrote:

> Hello FC Users
>
> Can anyone tell me the correct procedure to
> installing FC2 on SCSI disks?
> When I try run the install off cd, the machine just
> hangs.

Hi Stuart.  Does it hang on boot, or does it hang when
you are trying to partition the disk.  If it is
hanging on boot, try to copy a few lines of the boot
message.  It is very likely that it is choking on a
sloppily written partially supported SCSI driver.

I tried installing on a SCSI system with an Adaptec
2940UW controller (well-supported, even since RH days)
but it crashed in an unrecoverable manner when it got
to the partitioning stage.  Don't waste time with
junk, partially supported hardware.  You are saving so
much on the OS and utilities that you can afford
decent (well-supported) hardware.