Cvs on Fedora codepage problem

Nicolas Fortin no_junkmail_please at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:56:57 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

I imported a project in my Cvs Repository. I tried to checkout this project with Cvs on Fedora 2.

The structure is ok, except that when a file or directory name contains an accented character, like those : "é","è", "ù", and so on ..., each of these characters are replaced by a question mark (?). Of course, it is now impossible to commit or update the modified files and directories.

On a Cvs forum, someone told me that it is maybe the client's ANSI codepage which is not the same than server. Since I am pretty new with Linux and Fedora, I don't know where to find this information.

Could you tell me where the codepage's details are located ? Is it possible to change it ?

I thought that codepage informations where in /etc/fstab but I am not sure. Anyway, here is my file system table :

-------------------------
LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/win_d vfat rw,auto,gid=100,umask=000,user,exec 0 0
/dev/hda6 /mnt/win_e vfat rw,auto,gid=100,umask=000,user,exec 0 0
/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,r o 0 0

Best regards,

Nicolas