Latest versions of cdrecord, xcdroast, k3b can't burn my CDs

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Thu Sep 30 17:11:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 23:23, Aly Dharshi wrote:
> I would refer you to the K3B site which outlines why you are going to have
> issues with the latest 2.6.8.x series kernels. http://www.k3b.org which says
> donot use the 2.6.8 kernel.
>
> You should be able to burn things as root. So using K3B from root should yeild
> the desired results.

Hi

No angry, just worry ;-)

Is that going to be like this forever ? I mean not being able to burn a
CD as a normal user. I would not like to give the root password to my
customers, or explain them that burning a CD requires a sysadmin ;-)

I know about 2.6.7 kernel, but is there no security exploit with this
one ? I was thinking that 2.6.8 fixed some security problems. I can be
wrong.

By the way, I checked the freshmeat site for cdrecord. It seems to be
not only technical problem, but also ethical. Is there a war somewhere ?
:-)

Sorry to be a little bit of topic. I update my K3B and cdrecord hoping
that this could fixed the access right problem. So sad ...;-)

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand