Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 23:36:03 UTC 2004

Temlakos wrote:

> (I
> wonder whether it's an architectural mismatch--AMD Duron not quite being
> an "athlon" or a "686"?),

I'm not quite sure what your point is there: I can't see any other
mentions of Athlons or i686s, but a Duron is simply an Athlon with less
level 2 cache [1]. Architecturally, and from a compatibility point of
view, they should be identical, and fully compatible with kernels
compiled for "i686" machines.

James.

[1] OK, it got slower bus speeds than some Athlons...
--
E-mail address: james | When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |     -- Tom De Mulder