multiple networks in Fedora Core 3 on a laptop

marckasten no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sat Apr 2 04:13:59 UTC 2005

> That means if we configure eth0 in his working place, then he gets internet only in the working place and when he brings back his laptop home to connect to his home network, FC3 freaks out at the point where it displays "bringing eth0 ....". Same thing with the wireless eth1 connection. And in the end we don't get any internet.
>
> Although I did specify to use a dhcp server!!!

Okay, first off, I'd love to help:

Please post the following to the list:
$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
$ cat /etc/resolv.conf

You can mangle IP addresses; but, don't change the general gist, please.  I'm looking for the DHCP line in ifcfg-eth?:

My ifcfg-eth0 file:
[code]
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
[/code]
My resolv.conf file:
[code]
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
search go??????rn.local
nameserver 66.??.??.??
nameserver 219.??.??.??
nameserver 66.??.??.??
[/code]

Hopefully, with these data, we can help you figure this out.

--Marc

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=55537&topic_id=13976&forum=10#forumpost55537