multiple networks in Fedora Core 3 on a laptop

Didier Casse elprodigio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 05:07:15 UTC 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 12:13 PM, marckasten <no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org> wrote:

> > That means if we configure eth0 in his working place, then he gets internet only in the working place and when he brings back his laptop home to connect to his home network, FC3 freaks out at the point where it displays "bringing eth0 ....". Same thing with the wireless eth1 connection. And in the end we don't get any internet.
> >
> > Although I did specify to use a dhcp server!!!
> >

> Okay, first off, I'd love to help:
>
> Please post the following to the list:
> $ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE= Ethernet

> $ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE= Wireless
IPV6INIT=no
ESSID=NUS
CHANNEL=1
MODE=Auto
RATE=Auto

> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf

search nus.edu.sg
nameserver 137.132.0.254
nameserver 137.132.0.252

> You can mangle IP addresses; but, don't change the general gist, please.  I'm looking for > the DHCP line in ifcfg-eth?:

Well it's all that's inside the files. As you could probably guess the
system would only search for the NUS network in all instances. If we
connect it to another point where there's some other network/service
provider,it still looks for the same NUS network instead of accepting
new settings!

--
Cheers,
Didier.

Didier F.B Casse | PhD candidate | LiMiNT Beamline
Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS), 5 Research Link, Singapore 117603
Email: elprodigioREMOVE_THIS_ANTISPAM_MOJO at gmail.com|
Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg | GPG Key 1024D/B3C57D01 2004-06-23