screen flashing to black every several seconds

Kevin kvonb at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 16:29:48 UTC 2005

Yes I read them, I know how frustrating this can be.
Actually now I think about it, I had this problem
yesterday when I changed the x-font server from port
7100 to 7110.  I got nothing but a flashing black
screen.

You didn't install a firewall or play with iptables
did you?  I can't remember the config file I edited,
maybe do a google for "xfont server port 7110" if you
think this could be a problem.

Another thing I was thinking is this: I just this
minute installed the Nvidia driver on my system, in
the readme file it says to edit xorg.conf and remove
the lines: Load "dri" and Load "GLcore", then make
sure you have Load "glx in the driver section".  I
would think there would be a readme with the ATI
drivers too, maybe check through that.

Hope this helps.........Kev :)