FC 3 Install Success! - NOT

Mark Mecum (teknowiztx) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sat Apr 2 22:14:39 UTC 2005

Fnally decided to make the change to FC3.  Installed from scratch (reformatted all drives), so no baggage to brng along.  After completion of install, all looked good. Upon reboot, I receive the following:

Systat failed to start - no such file/dir
s05kudzu failed to start - no such file/dir
Touch (cannot)
   /var/lock/subsys/kudzu
   /var/lock/subsys/iptables
   /var/lock/subsys/network

The system then stalls on stating the logger for about 90 seconds, then scrols through so many messages I cannot read them before they are off of the screen.

The login prompt is presented, then overwritten with:

INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

I hit return and am able to get a new prompt and login as root, but receive the following:

-bash: id: command not found
-bash: [: =: unary operator expected
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: dircolors: command not found
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: [: =: unary operator expected
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: [: too many arguments

Also the:
INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

comes back about every 5 minutes.

I also note that my path and environment do not seem to be set up.

I am wondering if my logical volume setup is having/causing problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=55723&topic_id=14027&forum=1#forumpost55723