FC 3 Install Success! - NOT

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Apr 3 12:47:30 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 12:14:39AM +0200, Mark Mecum (teknowiztx) wrote:
> Fnally decided to make the change to FC3.  Installed from scratch (reformatted all drives), so no baggage to brng along.  After completion of install, all looked good. Upon reboot, I receive the following:
>
> Systat failed to start - no such file/dir
> s05kudzu failed to start - no such file/dir
> Touch (cannot)
>    /var/lock/subsys/kudzu
>    /var/lock/subsys/iptables
>    /var/lock/subsys/network
>
> The system then stalls on stating the logger for about 90 seconds, then scrols through so many messages I cannot read them before they are off of the screen.
>
> The login prompt is presented, then overwritten with:
>
> INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

I can't explain all your problems but the message above comes from a
miconfiguration of xorg (X).

7:30, Channel 5: The Bionic Dog (Action/Adventure)
	The Bionic Dog drinks too much and kicks over the National
	Redwood Forest.

7:30, Channel 8: The Bionic Dog (Action/Adventure)
	The Bionic Dog gets a hormonal short-circuit and violates the
	Mann Act with an interstate Greyhound bus.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.