Tomcat Connection refused :-(

Klaasjan Brand klaasjan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:54:11 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 12:23 PM, gaurav <gauravp at hclcomnet.co.in> wrote:

> when I start tomcat it doesnt displays any error on when I shut down scripts I get these errors
>
> [root at mars-attack ~]# service tomcat stop

It's not running: the tomcat shutdown command tries to connect to a
running server to give it a shutdown command and is failing in this
case.

Try to find the tomcat logfile directory (if you've installed via the
zipfile it's under the "/home/tomcat/tomcat/logs" directory).  There
should be a hint or two about why it's not starting up.

Klaasjan