Help with FC1 networking

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 16:40:20 UTC 2005

hackmiester wrote:
> It's got a link on the network card, but I can't ping anything, browse the
> web, see SMB shares, or anything. I set up the IPs in the same subnet and
> all. I don't know what info to share, so if that's not enough, please
> complain.

This could be rather lower-level than the other posters have suggested.

What sort of network card do you have? Assuming it's a PCI card, how
does it show up in lspci (run as root)?

If you run /sbin/ifconfig, what results do you get?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Telsa ruthlessly depopulates the cuddly toy pile.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | There is only room for so many penguins in any one