apt-get works better than yum

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:48:40 UTC 2005

I can see 2 things there for now:

1. You have quite an old version of kde installed. Since so much has
changed, this is what may be causing the conflicts.

2. The sources / repos you are using also have and old version of kde.
(The current version is 3.4.) The kde-redhat repository is probably a
better source, more up-to-date and better mantained. (look for
http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/)

I would suggest you completely uninstall kde, then add the kde-redhat
to your sources, then try reinstalling kde. I've never used apt-get,
but I believe

  > yum remove kde
  [ update the repos to include kde-redhat ]
  > yum install kde

shoud work.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680