[OT] CMS suggestions?

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez m.coba.m at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:47:12 UTC 2005

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 21:11 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:
>
>>In my opinion, the only enterprise level CMS out there is Plone
>>(plone.org), which is based on top of Zope (zope.org).
>

> Yep, I would second that, especially considering your requirements.
> It'll more than handle the job.

I agree with Ranbir, Plone ist pretty good in separating roles in a big
web site. It allows you to establish who can do the job of preparing web
pages and content, who can supervise the content of the web pages, and
who give the good view or, if applies, revoke or mark for review or
rewrite of the content.
It runs on top of Zope, that gives you a sound platform, and it is
very easy to install.
In a couple hours you can have a working site for testing.
Maybe the major concern is the hardware required, but, for the size of
your current site, it should not be very difficult to obtain a big iron
with lots of ram and maybe a couple of Xeon or similar.
With that hardware, surely you will have a site you'll be proud of.

For real life sites, see, www.fsf.org (Free Software Fundation)
which were done with Plone over Zope.