Looking for Help in several areas

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Tue Apr 5 12:01:30 UTC 2005

Good Morning Everyone:

Being a fairly new user/administrator to the linux environment, I am
running into several questions, which are mostly application specific,
or are not directly applicable to this list, and I am looking for
someone who would be willing to work with me offline to help get things
going, without cluttering up the list with a lot of "newbie / dumb"
questions.

If anyone is willing / able, please contact me offline

tholmes at mcaschool.net

or on Instant Messenger

YAHOO - W8TAH
AIM - W8TAHHAM

The specific areas that I am hitting problems include

- Establishing a DAV server for mozilla calander
- Getting samba working properly in a WIN 2003 Server domain
(authentication / File sharing)
- Establishing a Local Time Server
- Establishing a Fedora Core Repository for updates
- Properly configuring Sendmail
- Properly configuring Mailman
- Implementing some kind of internal IM for our school (Jabber looks
like the most likely candidate)
- Getting NIS (if necessary working)
- Getting NFS working among Linux boxes
- Preparing for FC3 upgrade to all of my FC2 boxes

This list has proved to be an invaluable resource,  thanks for all your
help

Tim Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster
Medina Christian Academy