Palm Zire 21 - Cannot sync

Michael Griffin michael.griffin at USPTO.GOV
Tue Apr 5 12:11:53 UTC 2005

I have a Palm Zire 21 that I am trying to get up and running on Fedora
Core 3.  I have googled for answers, but I have found nothing that
works.  I have used /dev/pilot, /dev/ttyUSB[0-1]*, and other items
suggested, but to no avail.  I have visited the following web sites, but
they don't agree:

http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry%5fid=12096
http://www.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot/2005-February/004812.html
http://www.resellerhostingbox.com/linux-questions/msg6014.html

I have tried using gnome-pilot, kpilot and jpilot.  Nothing.  My current
kernel is 2.6.10-1.770_FC3.  Do I need to load modules/create devices?
my /etc/udev/rules.d/11-zire.rules looks like this:

BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}=Palm Handheld*", KERNEL="ttyUSB*",
SYMLINK="pilot"

Many thanks for your help,

Michael