why not FC3 have dosutils directory?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:19:11 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 10:29 AM, xthua <x.t.hua at 163.com> wrote:
> hi everyone: fedora-list-request
>    In our Univ,many people choose to install Fedora Core from harddisk,and need dosutils directory for boot installion. i'm puzzled with the disappearness of dosutils in the series after FC1.
>
>    would anyone like to give some explaination?

Since the FC3 kernel is too large to fit on a floppy, they probably
decided that the dosutils were no longer needed? Most people now burn
CDs or DVDs to install from. Some use USB flash drives for
installation.

I seem to recall that someone had a method for creating a floppy with
only the bootloader on it, and then you might be able to mount your
hard drive and install from there. Let's see if anyone replies back
with that information.