loop-aes on striped install cd

dabicho tsukebumi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:52:38 UTC 2005

I am building a system with a kernel with the loop-aes loop module and
patched util-linux, but at install time I am getting an error with
this in the backtrace of anaconda

_isys.lochangefd(loop, targ)
SystemError: (22, 'Invalid argument')

After googling a bit, I found out that this might be due to a kernel
patch that used to be applied to kernels 2.4.x for anaconda to work.
This is already in the vanilla 2.6.x kernel, I think since 2.6.4 or
so, but the sources in loop-aes do not include such changes.

Does anyone happen to know what changes are they, or where can I find
a patched loop-aes that will work with anaconda, or else how can I
create an anaconda install cds that will use one kernel and util-linux
for boot disks, but install others? (i.e. add kernel-2.6.9_loop_aes
and util-linux-2.12q_loop_AES alternative rpm files)