syncronizing

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Apr 5 22:34:44 UTC 2005

Cosme Faria Corrêa wrote:
> Can I use rsync?
> rsync has "conflic resolution"?
> Can I put 2 rsyncd to talk?

I wouldn't do that.  First, rsyncd and rsync use the same port so they
can't be run simultaneously unless you force a port number and rsync
really assumes that the one NOT running rsyncd is the "master" (the
one with rsyncd is coerced to look like the one running rsync--as far
as the directories under rsyncd's control are concerned).

Ranbir, below, has the right idea.  Unison is more what you want.

> Em Ter, 2005-04-05 às 12:12 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu escreveu:
>
>>On Tue, 2005-05-04 at 13:03 -0300, Alexandre Risi wrote:
>>
>>>I'm trying to syncronize server A to server B, and server B to server A at the
>>>same time. Both sides are using Fedora Core 3, is there a tool to do it?
>>
>>Yes there is.  I had to find something that could do just that for a
>>client.  Take a look at Unison, here:
>>
>>http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/index.html
>>
>>That should be what you're looking for.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Ranbir
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -