NFS problems

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Apr 6 06:31:43 UTC 2005

    Um, what changed recently?  I just did a full rpm update on three
machines running FC3 (the last update was done last week.)  Suddenly I
can't mount a particular storage server:

    mount to NFS server 'storage' failed: server is down.

    The server isn't down.  I can use any machine on the network (that's
not running FC3) and mount the storage server just fine.  The three
problem servers can also mount anything else on the network, EXCEPT the
storage one.  They can ping it just fine, so why can't they mount it?
The last time they were able to mount the storage server was last night
when I performed the rpm updates.  After the reboot, they can no longer
do that.

    I've rebooted the machines, I've rebooted the storage server, I've
checked other possible problem spots (no iptables, no SELinux,) I tried
adding 'nfsvers=2' to my command line, nothing ... so, what changed?
What could be the problem?

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6