xinetd.d listening twice on port 69

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Wed Apr 6 08:41:51 UTC 2005

Andy Green wrote:

Hi All,

it just keeps getting more interesting. Now, with restarting xinetd and
confirming only 1 instance of xinetd.d listening on port 69 udp and
connecting via the tftp client I keep getting an error when trying to
test a put,

tftp> put /home/coolboarderguy/downloads/tftptest /etc/xinetd.d/tftptest
Error code 1: File not found

Now, that file is definitely there,

[root at localhost downloads]# ls
acid             cobalt     firmware   packetshaper  snort      tftp
browsers         databases  fonts      plugins       solaris    tftptest
buffalolpc4-clx  emailers   langtools  rescuetools   status     tripwire
chkrootkit       fcheck     linuxntfs  samag         summit     webmin
cisco            firewalls  netscreen  smartswitch   syslog-ng  ZyXEL

I am tired..hehe...any ideas.? Is this just me this time..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.