which webcam

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Apr 6 11:34:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 08:27 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> So which usb webcam is natively supported by fc3 or will be supported by
> fc4 ?

    Probably everything that was available for FC3+more...but I know for
a fact that the Creative Webcam3 (not the 'go' model) works right out of
the box.  In fact, I tried installing it on a Windows machine and gave
up after 3h; I wasted almost an hour installing it on Linux 'cause I
didn't know which module to modprobe....but now FC3+ load it
automagically.

    It's not gonna replace any cameras of Hollywood...but it works,
works well, and you can get'em cheap- I bought 2 for $5 each.

    There's also several pages dedicated to the webcam scoreboard-
keeping track of things that don't work at all, will soon work, or work
better than you expect.  See Google for "hardware compatibility".

--
Those who entrust life and limb to Microsoft deserve neither. -Me, 2005
Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad