xinetd.d listening twice on port 69

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Wed Apr 6 14:50:08 UTC 2005

David Curry wrote:

> Andy Green wrote:
>

>> But I am still bemused by the two listening sockets on the same port
>> being possible.  Maybe it is some kind of cool load balancing feature I
>> never heard of.  Can anyone else here explain how it can be?
>>
>> - -Andy
>

> May be this is a dumb question from a clueless neophyte, but does the
> phenomenon constitute a security problem that needs to be addressed?

Hi All,

David, do you mean as to how the file /etc/xine.conf came to have the
data regarding tftp.? It is rather interesting that it did, as I most
certainly didn't add it. I even reproduced the installation process, of
both the rpm install, and the original install, via yum, and neither add
anything to the .conf of xinetd. They only add tftp files to xinetd.d.
Cheers.

Mark Sargent.