Users and X with wrong timezone settings help

Brent S. Clark cpt_morian at bwclark.info
Wed Apr 6 17:36:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

I ran into an interesting issue on my workstation and really dont know how
to resolve it. Im hoping someone on this list can help me out.

Im Running FC3. I have been using it just fine for a few months. Monday
came and the computer didnt auto-update to reflect the time change, Im in
Denver. So I changed the time manually via the redhat-config-time tool.
All went well and I didnt receive any errors.

Yesterday I logged in and my local user accounts are using UTC as their
timezone and not MDT anymore. Root and the Kernel are using MDT as their
timezone. X also is using UTC as the time zone.

Running date and hwclock as root show the correct time I want to use.
Running date and hwclock as any other user shows the time in UTC which is
not what I want. Before I advanced the clock ahead on Monday, I didnt have
this problem.

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks!
Brent Clark