SW RAID 1 (install) problem on FC3

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Apr 7 00:25:30 UTC 2005

Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:

> Two things to look at to see if this is the case.
>
> One...  does your sync percentange in /proc/mdstat ever go lower than
> it was?
>
> The next thing is to take a look at the SMART info on the drive.
> Do a man smartctl...  I can't remember  exactly how I got the disk to
> perform the full test and report it.

For a complete test , do smartctl -t long /device .. After the time
mentioned by smartclt , use smartclt -a /device to see the results...
The results are a bit cryptic , but keep an eye on the columns marked
"pre-failure" , since those are the ones that you should really worry
about..
Also , if the disk shows too many failure reports , it's probably in
need of replacement...

--
Pedro Macedo