Very Nice for FC3

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Thu Apr 7 11:42:41 UTC 2005

Dario,

Dario Lesca wrote:
> VeryNice is a tool for dynamically adjusting the nice-level of
> processes.
>
>  - http://www.tam.cornell.edu/~sdh4/verynice/
>
> ... there is a specific (an better) tool for FC3 or I must use this?

apprich at elmstreet apprich $ nice --help
Usage: nice [OPTION] [COMMAND [ARG]...]
Run COMMAND with an adjusted scheduling priority.
With no COMMAND, print the current scheduling priority.  ADJUST is 10
by default.  Range goes from -20 (highest priority) to 19 (lowest).

   -n, --adjustment=ADJUST   increment priority by ADJUST first
       --help     display this help and exit
       --version  output version information and exit

Report bugs to <bug-coreutils at gnu.org>.

apprich at elmstreet apprich $ which nice
/bin/nice

apprich at elmstreet apprich $ rpm -qf `which nice`
coreutils-5.2.1-31

> Many thanks.

Alex