Questions concerning Security Log

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:08:54 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 3:22 PM, Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> wrote:
> An easier way than the certificate would be to use iptables to limit the
> addresses allowed to connect to your machine with ssh.  Then those
> messages will just disappear since the script kiddies can't even touch
> the system.

I would like nothing more than to use iptables to block them. Trouble
is, I can't seem to start firestarter. I get this error:

Failed to start the firewall.
The device eth0 is not ready.
Please check your network device settings and make sure your Internet
connection is active.

And I know that eth0 is working because I am on the internet now! I
really don't know what to do, I've google till I was blue on this
about a week ago, and posted to this list, but got nowhere. I guess I
just gave up on it in frustration, but now I see that I must get it
working! Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Dotan Cohen

http://English-Lyrics.com/
http://Song-Lyriks.com/