kNotes refuses to save for me

Mark Eggers mdeggers at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 7 20:57:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 14:33 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> hicham wrote:
>
> >On Apr 7, 2005 2:30 AM, Arthur Pemberton <dalive at flashmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>What should I be looking for? Knotes does not save my notes. I'm running
> >>an up to date FC3. I type in my notes. But when I close knotes,
> >>everything disserpears, ie. they don't reopen the next time i launch knotes.
> >>
> >>Any ideas?
> >>
> >>Thank you.

This is a known problem with KDE 3.3.  Here's the solution from the KDE
forums:

new knotes are not saved after the first one is created.  the first
one is never deleted.

fixed - workaround is a symbolic link.

ln -s knotesnotes.ics knotes/notes.ics

Do this in ~/.kde/share/apps directory.  Apparently there is a missing
slash in the code from KDE 3.3.  This appears to be fixed in KDE 3.4.

Just my two cents . . .

--
Mark Eggers <mdeggers at earthlink.net>