Attn : Dave Jones Re: I just want one more option in the FC Kernels (Dave Jones)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:29:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 14:19, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 08:00:53PM +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
>  > kernel 2.6.5-1.358 is older than 9 months. Btw. you should urgently
>  > update the kernel as yours has security issues.
>
> Quite. It drives me nuts sometimes to get folks reporting
> issues in bugzilla against the kernel that $release shipped with
> who refuse to update to anything newer.

Likewise it drives me nuts that people downloading an iso and
installing it today still get that $release because no one
bothers to roll a new image.  Must not be that important
after all...

> If someone hasn't updated to any of the previous errata, is there
> any point in me addressing their problems given they're also
> unlikely to update to any newer ones ? Sheesh.

If the errata doesn't get incorporated into what people download
and install by the people who understand it, why would you
expect people who don't to perform those updates?

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com