When are KDE and KFCE getting updated in FC?

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:23:56 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 8:01 AM, Arthur Pemberton <dalive at flashmail.com> wrote:
> Gustavo Seabra wrote:

> >>rpm -Uvh * #in download directory.
> >>

> >Actually, all you have to do is to add the kde-redhat repo to your yum
> >repos and then a simple 'yum update' should do it.
> >

> I've always been curious as to what happens when if I yum KDE from the
> kde-redhat repos, what happens when it hits the fedora core repos?

AFAIK, yum checks all (configured) repos, and chooses the latest
packages from whatever repo they are. In this case, 99.9% of the time
the kde-redhat will have more up-to-date packages than any other (for
KDE apckages, of course), so yum will updtae all to the newer
versions.

I actually suggest anyone who likes KDE to configure the kde-redhat
repo and update the packages right after installing FC, to make sure
the KDE is up-to-date.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680