Scanners and FC3

Pete pg56cgy at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 8 17:10:59 UTC 2005

Scanner-geräte:

Used to need to insmod scanner, but in FC3 this
happens by itself. Used to need to edit modprobe.conf
(in those days, modules.conf) to tell sane the scanner
type and model. No longer. Used to have to edit the
particular scanner file (mine uses the plustek.conf
file), but no longer. It all happens by itself.
Install Linux, and the scanner just works.

In case you haven't bought one yet, I use a Canon USB
scanner, now a couple of years old, the Canoscan
N650U. If you buy a successor to this model, I'm sure
you will do fine. It's slim, doesn't require a
separate power source, and makes great scans.

Check the sane site for loads of supported scanners.

Pete