Changing Konsole titlebar / tabs [SOLVED]

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:41:32 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 1:04 PM, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Am Fr, den 08.04.2005 schrieb Gustavo Seabra um 15:34:
>
> > Does anybody know how to change the text on KDE Konsole titlebar (or
> > the tabs, when multiple shells are open in the same window) to reflect
> > something like:
> >    user at host::working_directory
> > and automatically update it if this information changes? I'm using
> > tcsh, it it makes any difference.
>
> Yes, it matters that you are no bash but tcsh user. Following site holds
> the information what you need to set:
>
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Xterm-Title-4.html#ss4.2
>
> Alexander

This page had all the instructins I needed, thanks!

If someone is interested, this is what I added to my .cshrc file:
#
# sets x-term titlebar
#
set HOSTNAME=`hostname -s`
switch ($TERM)
    case "xterm*":
        alias precmd 'echo -n "\033]0;$cwd\007"; echo
"\033]30;${HOSTNAME}\007\c"'
        breaksw
endsw

(The second 'echo' sets the shell name, which appear in the little tab.)

Thanks a lot guys!

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680