Attn : Dave Jones Re: I just want one more option in the FC Kernels (Dave Jones)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 8 21:20:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 15:59 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 13:01, Craig White wrote:
>
> > Lastly, and this is just an impression. I find it to be a repeated theme
> > in your posts - that you have no hesitation to suggest that others go to
> > great lengths to solve what appear to be gaps of the way things should
> > be according to Les and I cannot see why you aren't involved in fedora-
> > development list and making things happen. It seems all too easy to sit
> > back and critique.
>
> Sorry, I'm just posting my observations.  I did ramble on a bit too
> much about it, but my only complaint is about continuing to distribute
> known bugs (and then not liking the bug reports...).
----
but every release has known bugs - even updates that fix certain bugs
contain other known bugs so the updates only fix specific known bugs and
if you understand the theory behind Linux releases - I like to refer to
Eric Raymond's 'the Cathedral and the Bazaar' - the point is to release
early and often and have the community help identify and sometimes
provide the solution to bugs.

In short though - the reason that your desire about a 're-spin' of the
ISO's is that all the known bugs aren't fixed - only some of them are
fixed - and and this isn't about perfection, only advancement. You
certainly are welcome to 're-spin' the core release yourself or organize
a group of people to help if it seems important enough to do it.
----

> >  At least please recognize that this isn't the forum
> > for accomplishing changes to the methodology and content of the Fedora
> > core releases.
>
> I'm a user, posting my observations. Isn't this the list for users?
----
yeah and using this user list as a forum for fedora-development issues
isn't as productive as pissing in the wind since pissing in the wind
will at least empty your bladder.

Craig