HP 5370C Scanner How to config?

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 9 02:16:40 UTC 2005

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I have an HP 5370c scanner that I would like to use with FC-3.
>
> It is connected via a USB cable and hwbrowser shows it as /dev/sg0.
> Do I need to create a /media/"scanner" ? I don't have anything in
> /etc/fstab for /dev/sg0.  Kudzu found it and offered to
> configure it, I ok'd that.  But xsane says there's no device?
>
> I'm lost, what do I do next?  Google produced nothing that helps so far
> but I may be using the wrong search terms.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Bob Goodwin

Bob,
   1) I dont use 5370 but a PSC2110 which includes a scanner,
   2) Its been awhile since I needed to install so:-

To setup I use "ptal-init setup" and follow the prompts (can be very
frustrating)

You possibly need some rpm's:-

[david at reddwarf ~]$ rpm -qa |grep sane
xsane-0.92-13
sane-backends-1.0.15-1.4
sane-frontends-1.0.12-4
xsane-gimp-0.92-13