Fedora or alternatives for a laptop

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Apr 9 14:52:41 UTC 2005

Endy wrote:

> I have an eight year old laptop, currently running win2k, that I want to
> put linux on.  It's a pentium 1, 48 megs of ram, about 1.9 gig
> harddrive, an old chips and technologies video card ( i think).  All it
> really needs is a text editor, graphical browser, email client, and aim
> client.  A year ago it had mandrake 9.2 on it and that ran much faster
> than win2k.  Any recommendations for a good distro for this laptop?

There are various small Linux distributions.
One that seems popular is called Puppy.

But personally, I would see if I could install more memory,
and a larger disk, without too much trouble or expense.
If I couldn't I'd be inclined to pass on to another project ...

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366