What is the official/semi-official positon of Fedora on KDE?

Leaf grove.warden at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:35:05 UTC 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 09:48, Claude Jones wrote:
> Richard Crawford wrote:
> > I like Fedora a lot as well, and KDE is my desktop of choice (after
> > finding the fish protocol yesterday -- duh -- I can't imagine going back
> > to GNOME, even though I was a GNOME buy for years).  I've found the
> > kde-redhat project quite useful and an excellent resource, which
> > integrates quite well with Fedora.  They're currently offering KDE 3.4,
> > which I love.
>
> Could you explain your last comment. I ran KDE 3.4 when I brought up a
> new FC4t1 box. I couldn't find any remarkable differences between it and
> my current implementation - I found a couple of annoyances, however. The
> list of menu options had been cut way back, and even the Control Center
> was not present as an option and had to be called up by a command. I'm
> sure I missed things - from a read of the release notes, it seems like
> many of the improvements had to with accessibility, and obviously for
> those who need them, those features are extremely important. But, what
> else has been improved?

That is all odd, my Kmenu options fill the screen and the Control Center has
been there from the moment I installed.  As an FYI I installed FC3 with none
of the Gnome packages and all of the KDE (from the CDs).  Then I updated
everything, including KDesktop to 3.4.  I haven't seen the issues you
mention.