What is the official/semi-official positon of Fedora on KDE?

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sun Apr 10 12:39:11 UTC 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 07:48, Claude Jones wrote:
> Could you explain your last comment. I ran KDE 3.4 when I brought up a
> new FC4t1 box. I couldn't find any remarkable differences between it and
> my current implementation - I found a couple of annoyances, however. The
> list of menu options had been cut way back, and even the Control Center
> was not present as an option and had to be called up by a command. I'm
> sure I missed things - from a read of the release notes, it seems like
> many of the improvements had to with accessibility, and obviously for
> those who need them, those features are extremely important. But, what
> else has been improved?

Mostly, from what I can tell, it's a bug fix release, I suppose.  I'm kind of
puzzled that the control center is missing for you, since it's right where it
belongs for me.  There are fewer menu options for me than before, but mostly
because my last install was a personal desktop install instead of an
"everything" install.

The KDE 3.4 that I'm running is what I downloaded from the kde-redhat project,
though, and not the out-of-the-box version that came with Fedora.  That may
be where the differences are; Fedora seems very GNOME-centric, which, in my
opinion, is too bad; I personally prefer KDE.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com