[FC3] Weird problems dual-booting with XP

Dan Buthusiem dan.buthusiem at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 09:47:18 UTC 2005

I think it has something to do with the way the OSes use the outer
edge of the harddrive. It's not supposed to contain any formatting,
but OSes and some viruses use that part of the disk, anyway. If you
boot back and forth between the different OSes, they overwrite
eachother's data stored within that space and it makes the computer
hiccup during bootup. When you do a hard reboot, XP already has had
the chance to overwrite the Linux data.

I don't have a clue how to fix it. I'm still in school learning how
everything works. At least you have an explaination as to what's going
on. I've heard it could make the drive fail, but my teacher still
speaks of installing Windows 98 and FAT16 formatting. lol

Good luck