Commanding rc.local not to run at boot..possible.?

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Sun Apr 10 10:59:43 UTC 2005

Hi All,

have a script in rc.local that hangs the machine at boot(I was seeing if
the system here at home would do the same as my work PC, which it did,
unfortunately). How can I instruct the boot process not to process
rc.local. Is it possible from the command line to do this, and could you
tell me what the command would be.? Knoppix3.7 doesn't recognize LVM, so
I can't mount the partition and make a change to rc.local and booting
with telinit 3 still gets the hang. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.