Someone tell this dude...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 10 16:34:55 UTC 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 11:18, David Hoffman wrote:
>On Apr 10, 2005 10:12 AM, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>> So two TMDA users try to send each other a message.  The message
>> is blocked and a challenge sent to the sender.  But the senders
>> TMDA service blocks the challenge message, you did say those are
>> not passed on through even with the X header indicating it is a
>> challenge message. So in effect attempts at communication between
>> the two TMDA users is blocked, neither one sees the others
>> messages.
>>
>> Of course now I guess you are going to say the recipient needs to
>> review his quarantine area.  But if I have to review the
>> quarantine area for legit messages that are trapped due to TMDA it
>> kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?
>
>I didn't write TMDA. I just happen to use it, and I have sent mail
> to other people using TMDA, and have not had a problem. So don't
> take it out on me if you can't find a hole in the idea. This should
> address your question:
>http://tmda.net/faq.cgi?req=all#4.12

I took your address out of the address line David, I'm getting enough
of those trash confirm requests (Peter Whalley has started up again),
in extremely bulky html format no less, that I do nothing but hit the
delete key pon them.   Please don't waste space in my inbox with your
5k-8k worth of a simple 50 character question wrapped in 5 to 10
kilobytes of html.  I'm one of those to whom html is a waste of
bandwidth & cpu resources to display.  Yes, it has its place, but it
sure isn't welcome on most mailing lists.

Now, if my response was to have given a clear and concise amswer to
your question (not bloodly likely, I'm way too verbose 99% of the
time as this list knows very well, but that just me being an old
fart), but you didn't see that response because I didn't jump thru
the hoops to conform to your somewhat narrow view of how things
'should' work, then who is the ultimate loser?  Me, for wasting the
time to answer in the first place, or you, because you didn't get the
reply, so your problem isn't fixed?

Good question, that...  Now, if the message somehow contains an
advisory that you are using such a system, I wouldn't have bothered
replying in the first place, and you still wouldn't have an answer.
No net effect on you, but a large one for me, which probably means it
will never come to pass.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)