Correctly use installer's Disk Druid utility for partitioning properly with Windows installed

Jon Savage jonathansavage at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:56:58 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 10:47 AM, Sam Johnson <johnsonsamc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I ahve 60 gigs left, and Windoze happens to occupy everything.
> I thought I read somewhere that the in staller can resize..  I guess I need
> a free 3rd party tool?
1. Get a knoppix CD
2. Back up anything you care about from the windows partition.
3. Defrag windows, you might want to run chkdsk as well.
4. Boot off of the Knoppix CD, use QT parted to resize the windows partition
This has worked well for me in the past but there is a risk of hosing
windows hence the
need to back up anything important to you first.
--
Bests,
Jon