Which GLIB

Jeffrey Mutonho ejbengine at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:19:34 UTC 2005

Apologies for the last post.
I'm a bit confused as what I really should install.Yesterday I posted
a question about my installation of PyGTK 2.6.1 on FC3 and that I'm
getting the following error message:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.6.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: maybe you want the pygtk-2-4 branch?

and the response I got said that I "..need glib2-dev , but FC3 comes
with glibc2-2.4.7 and PyGTK 2.6.1 wants >= 2.6.0 as it clearly states.
The development / rawhide tree has
glib2-2.6.3, but I am not sure whether you want to install that."

I'm confused as to what I should install now.Is it glib2-2.6.x  or
glibc2-2.6.x ?
And whatever I have to install , eg glib2-2.6.x  , do I have to
uninstall it first or can I just do an install over the existing one?

jeff