Someone tell this dude...

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 00:45:14 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 11:34 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> I took your address out of the address line David, I'm getting enough
> of those trash confirm requests (Peter Whalley has started up again),
> in extremely bulky html format no less, that I do nothing but hit the
> delete key pon them.   Please don't waste space in my inbox with your
> 5k-8k worth of a simple 50 character question wrapped in 5 to 10
> kilobytes of html.  I'm one of those to whom html is a waste of
> bandwidth & cpu resources to display.  Yes, it has its place, but it
> sure isn't welcome on most mailing lists.
>
> Now, if my response was to have given a clear and concise amswer to
> your question (not bloodly likely, I'm way too verbose 99% of the
> time as this list knows very well, but that just me being an old
> fart), but you didn't see that response because I didn't jump thru
> the hoops to conform to your somewhat narrow view of how things
> 'should' work, then who is the ultimate loser?  Me, for wasting the
> time to answer in the first place, or you, because you didn't get the
> reply, so your problem isn't fixed?
>
> Good question, that...  Now, if the message somehow contains an
> advisory that you are using such a system, I wouldn't have bothered
> replying in the first place, and you still wouldn't have an answer.
> No net effect on you, but a large one for me, which probably means it
> will never come to pass.

I'm sorry Gene, but did you have something to say here or were you
just ranting on with some useless drivel? I am not Peter Whalley, and
I have never sent any challenge/response messages to this list, so you
can take me out of that category. I have no idea what you mean about
taking my address out of the address line. This e-mail account is not
using TMDA, so I don't know what your major complaint to me is. You
have never gotten a challenge from me.

My messages were simply based on the premise that Peter Whalley is
using some type of C/R system that he does not know how to configure.
I personally am of the same opinion as about everyone else on this
list... if he want's to subscribe to a mailing list then he better be
sure not to pollute the list with his stupid requests.

But what on earth does your message mean, and why are you even writing
to me about it? If you have something to say about anything I wrote,
then by all means say it, but know what you are talking about before
you write paragraphs of senseless garbage.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)