retrieving a directory

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 10:05:43 UTC 2005

On 4/11/05, BZ Benny <bennybbz at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi paul,
> I did this mistake when I was creating my backup. because I have no enough
> memory I was triing to copy my directory to another hard disk. but i deleted
> all.
>

> And unfortunately the data is on ext3. but I stoped all apllication runing
> in this computer . I'm writing you email from another pc.
>
> regards
> benny

The data recovery software does not supports recovery from ext3
partitions in case of deleted Files.The software which supports this
is stellar phoneix raw,you can get the software from

http://www.stellarinfo.com/RAW.exe or  you can also try the stellar
phoneix Linux recovery

Download the stellar phoneix raw software on any windows machine
(xp,2000,98,me).
Attach the Linux drive from which you have deleted the files.Run the
software ,the software recovers the file according to the headers or
signatures means if you want to recover the
pdf files then you have to put the header/signature of .pdf files in
raw if the header is not mentioned  in the software .

You can go through the documentation of this software.

www.stellarinfo.com and you can also contact their support persons.

If you further want any help from me ur most welcome.But first try
some recovery software on that hard drive and most important stop
working on that hard drive(deleted files)
as it will minimizes the chances of recovery of those files.

Regards

Ankush