webin / apache + tomcat

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Apr 12 12:10:44 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 12.04.2005 schrieb Chandana um 9:12:

No HTML formatted mail to this list please.

> In my machine i have installed two web servers , one from tomcat with port number 8080 and the other one is
> apache with port number 3128. those r running successfully.
>
> Now i need to install/configure webmin in this machine. after i installed the webmin , it says .........installed
> successfully and try the utl http://servername :10000 with root u/n and password.
>
> but it doesnt work .so how can i run webmin with realvent to this cenario ? plz help

> chandana

What does "doesnt work" mean? Webmin has it's own HTTP serving engine
and is independent from other HTTP servers. If you don't bind port 10000
already with a different application Webmin should start without a
problem.
How did you install Webmin: from sources or by RPM? Check the log files!
They are typically /var/webmin/miniserv.log and
/var/webmin/miniserv.error. Be aware that if you installed the NetSSLeay
Perl module Webmin defaults to accept only HTTPS connections on port
10000.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 14:05:35 up 10:45, 18 users, 0.12, 0.13, 0.09