Problem with Netgear router

Janu Sundaram janu.sun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:58:29 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have installed Fedora Core 3 and I have apache webserver running which
came installed with fedora.I have a DSL connection and the modem product is
actiontec.I have netgear router connected to this modem and 2 more windows
systems connected to this router.

I was unable to get to the website when connected to the router but without
router it worked.

I have the linux server on a static ip 192.168.0.51
<http://192.168.0.51>and I openend the port 8080 for the webserver to
this mac on the router
settings , the netgear router uses port 80 for its web interface, but still
it did not work.

Do I have to try something different, can I make it work with a router(or
any other brand of router) ?

Thanks.
Janu