Netgear PS101 Print Server Setup with Fedora...

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Apr 13 23:21:58 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 13.04.2005 schrieb Joseph Wheaton um 23:27:

> I know many people have other netgear print servers set up with Fedora,
> but I cannot get mine to work.  I have the IP address of the print
> server but I do not know which options to set or choose to set up the
> printer on my computer.  Anyone have method to setting a netgear PS101
> up?

I have mine (PS110) setup as LPD with following results in
/etc/cups/printers.conf after using the printer configuration GUI tool:

<Printer HPLJ6MP-PS>
Info Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x
Location HP LaserJet 6MP PostScript
DeviceURI lpd://NETGEAR/P1
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-printing.html

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 01:17:10 up 1 day, 21:57, load average: 0.38, 0.90, 0.90