Cannot get sound working in Fedora core 3.

Olle & Susan ogladso at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 14 02:08:33 UTC 2005

Good evening.
I am a Linux newbie. I downloaded and installed Fedora core 3 on my Sony
Vaio desktop.  RB30.
Everything works great except no sound. Browsing hardware does not show
anything. ALSA says:"
No sound cards found." Sound system apparently is Intel integrated, next
generation. (Not a 8xxx  chip set.) Is there any way to get it working,
or do I have to install a "real" sound card like a Sound blaster
Audigy?  I would like to avoid this because
I only have two PCI slots.  One is taken by my wireless card,  the other
by my TV card.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

Olle Gladso, ex XP user.