FC4-test2 iso' fail mediacheck

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 14 02:56:32 UTC 2005

Mick Mearns wrote:
> --- William Hooper <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Mick Mearns said:
>>
>>>Hello list;
>>>I just downloaded and burned all 4 cd's and the recue CD.
>>
>>Then you will be wanting to join the Fedora-Test-List.

>>--
>>William Hooper
>>

> Thank you William;
>  from the list:
>         Gerry Tool answered :
> "you should do 'sha1sum *.iso' instead of 'md5sum *.iso'".
>
> Which worked - all the iso files matched the SHA1 file.
> However this does not answer why anaconda barfs on all the cd's.
>
> Mick

How much system memory do you have? I had a problem on one computer that
stopped the installation of rpms after only installing less than 5 rpms
in either GUI or text install. Adding additional system memory let the
installer complete. (was 256 MB, now with an additional 512 MB,for test
1, I'm setting out for discs for test 2) - :-)

Jim