Help with KDE control center

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 03:02:38 UTC 2005

On 4/13/05, Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca> wrote:
> kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:
> > I've just updated to KDE 3.4
> >
> > I go into kcontrol as a normal user and then go to the login manager. I click
> > on administrator mode and enter the root password. Then I see the
> > "welcome to the KDE control center" screen - and I am NOT in administrator
> > mode.
> >
> > Any Ideas??
> >

> Workaround is to bring up Konsole, su to root, and then run kcontrol.
> That will start the Control Center as root.

Maybe posting this question to the kde-redhat mailing list can get
more responses. I know that the maintainer of the kde-redhat repo
checks there frequently, and many times I've seen him solving those
kinds of problems personally and very quickly. Check:

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680